Roof Restoration vs Replacement
Installing or reroofing a home be very expensive, and most owners will try to put it for for as long as they can.
In the meantime, you can either be patching up leaks that won’t cost you much at the time, or you can get a roofing specialist to do a more thorough repair that will help extend the life cycle of the roof. Here are a few tips to help you decide whether it’s worth going ahead to replace vs getting a restoration.
When a Roof Restoration is most suited…
If you don’t have the funds for a full roof replacement, then a good repair or restoration can help you extend the lifespan of your roof.
- If your roof is only damaged in a small area or on one side of your home, then you can still consider a restoration
- The only problem here is that the new roofing materials might look different to your old tiles so it may not look as pleasing
- If your roof is still in relatively good state, then you should definitely only do a smaller repair like a fresh coat of paint and some protective sealant which can make a world of difference and give you a few more years
- If you are planning on selling up in the near future, then a few roof repairs and a renovation is worth exploring. To make sure you get the best return for your property it’s always advisable getting a full roof restoration before selling.
- A roof restoration can offer your roof a new lease of life with a full clean, paint, reseal and renovate!
When a Roof Replacement is needed?
Here are a few examples. of when it is best to get a full roof replacement instead of a roof restoration
- If the damage to your roof is extensive, then it is best to just get a roof replacement. Repairs are charged per square metre, and if the damaged area is just very large, then your repairs can easily cost just as much as getting a new roof installed.
- A new roof can increase your property dollar value dramatically and can make home life a lot more functional if you choose the right materials and colour scheme and will keep you safe from the elements and harsh weather!
- Roofs that are made of cheap materials are best to be replaced with something more durable and modern. Why waste your cash on a low cost fix when you can get a high-quality re-roof for a small outlay?
Our roofing specialists can consult about what is the best option for you to get the most value from your investment!